Solar Market Synopsis: July
- Last month saw 115MW of PV registered across Australia, just shy of the 119MW registered the same time last year
- Analysis of Solar Choice pricing information shows that most retailers absorbed the cost increase due to the decrease in solar multiplier for systems larger than 1.5kW.
- On the back of the Queensland Government announcement, over 100,000 applications were received in Queensland. That could take 40 weeks to install at the rates equal to the end-of-multiplier rush in June.
Want more information? Subscribe to Insights.
- Enough STCs have been created to meet requirements for the rest of the year.
- Our STC forecast predicts creation will exceed requirement by more than 10 million by year’s end.
- The weekly and monthly STC creation tally are displayed on our website – check in regularly.
Want more information? Subscribe to ClearView.
Solar Hot Spots
- All of Queensland must be hot now, but Hot Spots can help find sales targets in the aftermath. For example, postcode 4814 (Annandale near Townsville) had a great Q1 2012, and didn’t suffer much setback when the multiplier reduced in 2011.
- Annandale QLD has almost 3MW installed; its recent average system size wa 3.79kW, and its penetration is only 8%.
- Thanks to Andrew Dunning who picked up a calculation error in last month’s mailout about Victorian postcode 3032 (Ascot Vale).
Want more information? Subscribe to Solar Hot Spots.
In the last month, SunWiz has:
- Analysed and Optimised PV system orientation to minimise power export for a commercial system.
- Assisted more companies with grid-connection of 30-100kW systems.
- Assisted with a government funding request for an innovative solar application.
- Performed a financial evaluation of PV on a range of government buildings.
- Assessed the PV financials on an off-grid mine site.
- Performed some solar cusomer data analytics for a company trying to better engage their customers.
- Reviewed a paper on financing options for Large-scale PV.
- Analysed Australia’s most comprehensive solar performance data set for presentation at ATRAA.
- Visited the CEC Member Mixer, and Installer Drinks, and the AuSES PD Day in Brisbane.
To learn more about what we can do for your solar business, visit www.sunwiz.com.au
Latest Graphs on Facebook