In our latest Vodcast, SunWiz’s Warwick Johnston speaks with Leeson Group’s director Peter Leeson on what Melbourne solar businesses can do during stage 4 lockdown.
- Getting Financials in order and wisely stemming cashflow
- Generating Leads and Sales now for later delivery
- Finally getting around to things like switching to OpenSolar (with SunWiz’s assistance) and more
Here’s a summary of the discussion:
- Understand your business, your risk.
- Get your accounts reconciled,
- Understand your books,
- Look at your cashflow for the next six weeks and beyond
- Defer business finance (leases etc).
- Cut back on overheads.
- Grant from Business Victoria
- The training required by SolarVic
- Dean Mannix
Sales & Lead Gen
- Cut back marketing budget and put into employees hours on outbound marketing
- Call existing clients (electricians can call to help them confirm their system is working well) for referrals and reviews
- Switch to OpenSolar (use SunWiz to help master it)
- Improve your sales process
- Daily catchup
- No-deposit no-obligation sales
- Can CEC make CPD available for apprentices
- Can SolarVic make safety course online
- Can CEC/ SolarVic petition Australian Government for Jobkeeper consideration on the month/quarter used for comparison basis (due to SolarVic slowdown in 2019)
- Can the solar industry make CPD relevant content available for free?