Solar Market Synopsis: September
- Last month saw 100MW of PV registered across Australia, a slowdown from the peak of June/July.
- This means in excess of 540 MW has already been installed in 2012.
- Analysis of Solar Choice pricing information shows that economies of scale are apparent: the gross (pre-STC) $/W of a 1.5kW is 25% higher than the $/W of a 3kW system.
Want more information? Subscribe to Insights.
- STC creation has fallen back to 700k/week, whereas STC trading continues to grow in volume
- STC creation is finally lower than demand (purchases) for newly created STCs.
- Small STC creators are representing a growing portion of the market. Those outside the top 20 creators now account for almost 70% of creation
- The weekly and monthly STC creation tally are displayed on our website – check in regularly.
Want more information? Subscribe to ClearView.
Solar Hot Spots
- The ABS 2011 Census data is being analysed to reveal newly emerging demographics favourable to solar uptake.
- The data reveals that nationally 1 in 10 occupied dwellings now has a PV system. However, 16.7% of solar-suitable dwellings (owner occupied detached/semi-detached) now have PV.
- Penetration is highest in SA (28% of suitable dwellings), compared to 11% in Victoria.
Want more information? Subscribe to Solar Hot Spots.
In the last month, SunWiz has:
- Rallied the troops to make a submission against the Queensland Competition Authorities preference for gross metering in their issues paper.
- Put through its final paces a cloud-based version of PVsell, and delivered training to highly-engaged new clients.
- Presented at East Solar 2012 on Lessons from the Leaders of solar power.
- Developed a customer-specific commercial PV financial calculator.
- Assisted the APVA with its RET Review submission.
- Designed a 1 MW off-grid PV power station which is extensible to 2 MW or 5 MW.
- Co-authored the Clean Energy Councils Australian solar power report.
- Successfully arranged for 4x 50kW systems to be connected to the network in three different distribution networks.
- Taught my father to surf by pushing him onto waves at Byron Bay