Solar Market Synopsis: August
- Last month saw 111MW of PV registered across Australia, an almost-equivalent month of registration to June.
- Lag between installation and registration implies that June’s installation peak was higher than last year’s.
- Victoria is running hot; and one-quarter of systems installed in Queensland in June was 5kW.
- Analysis of Solar Choice pricing information shows that systems can be bought in Melbourne for the same average price as in Brisbane – evidence of strong competition in Victoria.
Want more information? Subscribe to Insights.
- STC creation in the second half of 2012 (H2-2012) is likely to equal H2-2012 STC surrender.
- Liable Entities are Banks combined current holdings are sufficient to meet Q3 requirements (11.1M STCs).
- The weekly and monthly STC creation tally are displayed on our website – check in regularly.
Want more information? Subscribe to ClearView.
Solar Hot Spots
- New data was released showing postcode 4670 (Bundaberg) has the most solar capacity in Australia.
- However, it was Gladstone that installed most in Q2 – Cumulative installed capacity jumped by 50% in a single quarter when over 2MW in postcode 4870 (even before all systems are registered).
- Port Pirie (5540) in SA has one of the most stable installation rates in Australia.
Want more information? Subscribe to Solar Hot Spots.
In the last month, SunWiz has:
- Launched a cloud-based version of PVsell, with overwhelming popularity and positive feedback (trial it today for nix).
- Exhibited and Presented at Clean Energy Week/ATRAA. Download my presentation proving PV is variable rather than intermittant.
- Helped a PV retailer identify their own solar hot spots.
- Prepared a Commercial PV system proposal for a client, incorporating the latest graphs from PVsell.
- Visited a company to advise on strategic direction.
- Assisted the Department of Climate Change in reviewing solar production data.
- Progressed multiple grid-connection applications for commercial PV systems.
- Designed a number of commercial PV systems.
- Gone swimming with Humpback Whales in Tonga
To learn more about what we can do for your solar business, visit www.sunwiz.com.au
Latest Graphs on Facebook