- Some of those opportunities are clearly red-hot. Those ones will have reached out to you already.
- However, plenty will be opportunistic – quick sales if you’re fast enough to catch their attention before someone (or something) else does; and big sales if you’re persistent enough to chase them down.
- But many of those leads will end up being time wasters.
- And often the person you spoke with doesn’t turn out to be the decision maker.
- Problem #1: Those many time-wasting leads can distract you from the plenty of opportunistic ones.
- Problem #2: While you’re spending your time building relationships with the wrong person, someone else is doing a deal with the decision maker.
Master your own destiny
- Investigate each opportunity using the SunWiz All Retailer Register.
- Note down its #installations per year. If its large, its a higher priority.
- Note down its headcount. If its large, its a higher priority.
- Evaluate the company’s reputation. If its above 4.8stars, its a higher priority.
- Investigate the company’s affiliated brands. If your product/service matches, its a higher priority.
- Check who works at the company. Compare that to the leads you scanned. Is your contact the decision maker, or do you instead need an introduction? Or should you approach the deal-maker directly.
Here’s how it looks in action