This chart of system prices shows some great news. Solar power has reached record-low prices in Australia (prices shown are $/W after STC discount)
The need to address climate change is urgent. So here’s some messages to help solar retailers sell more solar in 2020:
- There’s never been a better time to buy a solar power system.
- Solar power is as cheap as it has ever been.
- System prices fell 8% in 2019, despite the wind-back in subsidy level.
- There’s no point in waiting much longer – prices continue to fall, but not very rapidly. In the past, people would wait until solar power was cheaper. But these days, the money you might save by waiting a year is far less than the savings you’ll make on your electricity bill.
- There’s no need to wait until battery prices now. Buy a big solar system now and add a battery later
The good news is a quality solar power system that will pay for itself multiple times over its long lifetime: quality is now really affordable!
So what are you waiting for, buy a solar power system (just after you’ve finished reading this article (and buying the 2019 Year in Review))!
SunWiz has been producing market reports since 2009, and most leading solar businesses are subscribers. If you’re not already an Insights subscriber, you’re missing out on an edge most of your competitors have.
So it makes sense to: